- Are your teachers native English speakers?
Yes, all of our teachers in our English classes by Skype come from the United States, Great Britain, or other native English-speaking countries.
- How long do the classes last?
You can choose the length of your classes among the following options:
30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes, 75 minutes or 90 minutes.
- How often can I have classes?
You are free to choose any frequency you want for your English classes by Skype. Most students have classes twice or three times a week but some have very intensive schedules to progress quickly (classes everyday) and some choose to have only one class per week or a few times per month whenever they have time.
- Will I be able to keep the same teacher?
Yes, all of our students keep the same teacher unless they have intensive classes or specifically ask us to have different teachers. We believe that students learn much better with one teacher who knows their level, objectives and interests, rather than always changing teachers and wasting precious time introducing themselves and explaining what their specific needs are.
- When are your teachers available?
You can have classes 7 days a week and 24 hours a day for all of our English classes by Skype. We have teachers living all around the world. Therefore, we will be able to find teachers for practically any schedule you want.
- Can I cancel my classes?
Yes, it is very easy to cancel a class. You just need to inform us or your teacher at least 6 hours in advance.
- I want to cancel a class: who should I contact?
You have 2 options: you can contact your teacher directly or send us an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If I am not available for my normal schedule, can I reschedule my classes?
Yes, you can reschedule your classes directly with your teacher or by writing us an email (email@example.com) if for some reason you are not available for your normal schedule. The class will not be counted (if you reschedule at least 6 hours in advance) and you will have it at another time.
- Do you offer classes for children and teenagers?
Yes, we have many teachers specialized in teaching children and teenagers of all levels. Our method is based on dynamic speaking and listening activities. The goal is to keep the children entertained while correcting their mistakes and improving their vocabulary, syntax & grammar. Click here for more information:
- Do you offer classes for beginners?
Yes, our classes are for students of all levels, from beginners to advanced.
- Can I prepare a certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge First, Cambridge Advanced, etc.) with Break Into English?
Yes, we have several teachers specialized in certificate preparation classes.
- How many classes per week do you recommend? And what length?
Most of our students choose to have 2 or 3 classes of 45 minutes per week, but you are free to choose the number of lessons per week and the lesson duration you want.
- How long does it take to become a fluent English speaker?
On the Internet, many bogus schools offer magical methods to become a fluent English speaker in a few days or weeks. We refuse to lie to our students. Becoming proficient in English takes time and your progression will depend on the amount of time you dedicate to English every day and, of course, your natural ability for learning a language. On average, if a student takes two classes of 45 minutes per week, it will take him/her 6 months to a year to see a significant improvement.
- I’m having problems connecting to the internet, what should I do?
Close Skype and all other programs and restart your computer. While you are restarting your computer, take advantage of the opportunity to restart your ADSL router.
- I’m having problems with Skype, what should I do?
Make sure you have the latest compatible version of Skype running on your computer or device. If you still encounter problems with Skype, please visit Skype’s site (https://www.skype.com/en/) and click on “HELP”, they have solutions to all your problems whether it’s with audio, connection, instant messaging, video, etc…
- I can’t hear my teacher well, how can I improve the sound?
Make sure you use headphones and try to have your class in a quiet environment. Also make sure that you turn up the volume not only of your computer, but also of your sound card, often, depending on what system you have, there can be 2 or even 3 “places” where the volume can be adjusted and that all affect the main volume.
- Always close all programs and restart your computer before English classes by Skype, this will ensure that your computer will be running smoothly for the class. If you have many programs running and internet windows open at once, this uses a lot of the computer’s RAM memory and speed and can affect the quality of your Skype call.
- Turn your internet device (router or other) off for 30 seconds and turn it back on, this will ensure a “fresh” connection.
- Make sure there are not several computers connected to your network at once during the class if possible. Ideally, if you are the only one connected during the class you will have the best results.
- For best results, connect your laptop or desktop computer to your router using an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi. Ethernet cables are very cheap and easy to use. For more information, check this link: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/set-up/connecting-to-a-wired-ethernet-network
- If you must use WiFi, then make sure you are as close as possible to the router and that there are no walls or closed doors between you and the router.
- For more advice on how to have a perfect quality Skype call, check out this link: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34541/how-to-have-a-great-skype-call
- How can I pay for my English classes by Skype?
You can pay for classes via bank transfer (you will find our banking details here: http://englishclassviaskype.com/bank-transfer) or via Paypal on our website (http://englishclassviaskype.com/general-english-classes-via-skype).
- Do you offer discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts if you decide to pay for 10 classes or more.
You can find our prices and special package deals here: http://englishclassviaskype.com/general-english-classes-via-skype
- Do you offer corporate discounts?
Yes, we offer very attractive corporate discounts with no contract or minimum student.
If you are interested, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you offer in-company classes and professional training?
Yes, for more information about our services to companies, please check the following links:
- After I pay for a package, how much time do I have to finish the classes on my account?
Students have 1 full year to finish the classes on their account.
- Can you send me invoices after I pay for my classes?
Yes of course. You just need to send us your personal or company details and we will email your invoice in the next 24 to 48 hours.
- Do you have your own method?
Yes, we have spent many years creating and developing a dynamic method based on specific listening and speaking activities that we use in our company classes as well as our English classes by Skype. Correcting our students mistakes is also an important aspect of our method. Our classes are not simple conversation classes: we train our teachers to correct students and follow a certain set of activities. For more information, please click here: http://englishclassviaskype.com/method/
- Do you offer any written support?
Yes we have our own material for students of all levels. This manual includes a student book and other useful documents such as a grammar index and lists of the main irregular verbs and phrasal verbs.