Listening Exercise: Print Books or e-books?
Listen to a part of the video above (0:30-1:38), then answer the questions below.
VOCABULARY FOR THE LISTENING EXERCISE
– war campaign: a series of military operations that can last a long time.
– to be hard on: to harm or hurt someone or something.
– visceral: related to deep inward feelings rather than the intellect.
1. In what two cases does this man read e-books?
2. Does this man only take e-books with him when he travels?
3. What did Alexander the Great do during his war campaigns?
4. What does this man dislike about e-books?
5. Why are e-books a problem in today’s world full of computers and TVs?
6. What does this man do at night?
7. What does he like about print books?
LISTENING EXERCISE ANSWERS
1. When he travels and when he takes notes while reading.
2. No, he also takes physical books.
3. He would send books and libraries ahead of him to be able to read during his campaigns.
4. Reading e-books hurts his eyes.
5. People already look at screens too much.
6. He reads biographies.
7. He likes having something in his hands.