Interested in becoming a BIE Teacher?
We are constantly looking for experienced English teachers to teach online, usually via Skype although occasionally clients prefer other apps such as Zoom, Teams, or WhatsApp.
Classes, which range from 30 minutes to 2 hours in length, are assigned according to teacher availability; you will start with one or two students and fill your schedule over the first few weeks. We expect you to work a minimum of 5 hours per week.
Teachers must follow our method and manuals to provide dynamic and efficient classes.
Important note: most of our students need to learn English, but we are also looking for French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew and Arabic tutors. (rates for these languages are generally higher than for English)
Our hourly rates for 1-to-1 English classes are:
|Euros per hour*||Type of class|
|12.75||General English (adults or children) and certificate preparation with children|
|13.50||Certificate preparation with adults|
French government training classes (CPF)
*Please note that these rates are per hour, if you have shorter classes you will be paid the proportionate amount.
The successful candidates will:
- Be native speakers with a British, American, or neutral accent.
- Be computer literate and have a good internet connection.
- Have a teaching degree and/or teaching experience in a school. (preferred but not absolutely necessary)
- Be able to work in a calm environment where the student has no problem hearing you.
- Have a bank account outside of Spain and an official billing address in the same country as the account.