Our cancellation policy dictates whether you will have to pay for a class that you do not attend or not. These are the rules for cancellation of one to one language classes.
Cancellation with 6 hours’ notice or more
If you can’t attend your English class, you must advise your teacher at least 6 hours before the class is due to start. It’s that simple. We will not charge you this class and we will not deduct it from your pack. The teacher does not receive payment for this class either.
Cancellation with less than 6 hours’ notice
If you let your teacher know less than 6 hours before the start time, this will count as a cancellation. You will normally have to pay for the teacher’s time and we will deduct the class from your pack.
A no show is when a student does not log on to Skype or contact the teacher at the time of the lesson. If you miss your lesson in this way you will be charged for the teacher’s time. However the teacher will send you a reminder message and wait for you for at least half of the scheduled class time.
If you arrive late to a class, but within the first half of the scheduled period the class will still go ahead. Unfortunately you will probably lose those minutes because our teachers have busy schedules and cannot extend the time of your class.
What if your teacher needs to cancel?
If a teacher has scheduled holiday dates or needs to take time off, you will be advised as soon as possible. You and the teacher should try to rearrange your lesson for another time. If this is not possible we will offer a substitute teacher.
What if your teacher is late?
Our teachers commit to providing quality language classes for the length of time that has been agreed. If your teacher arrives late and you cannot complete the full time of the class you will have the opportunity to complete these extra minutes at the end or start of the next class.
If there are connection problems which make it difficult to carry out the class, the first class will not be charged to the student. You and your teacher should look for solutions to this problem such as:
- getting as close as possible to the WiFi router
- connecting via cable rather than the wireless connection,
- trying a connection using 4G or 5G rather than an internet connection to a fixed landline
- using audio only, switching off the video,
- switching to another videoconference platform such as Zoom or WhatsApp
Cancellation of a course.
If you can no longer attend lessons, it will, of course, make us very sad to lose you as a student. If you are not happy with your classes, which is very rare, there some options that we can look at before we resorting to the cancellation of the full course:
- you can give us feedback about your language classes and we will work with the teacher to adapt the course content,
- if you think it might help, you can request a change of teacher,
- try changing the length of your classes – to fit better with your schedule or help you feel less tired,
- think about gifting the remaining classes on your pack to a friend or family member.
If after considering all these options, cancellation is the only option left, we can offer you a full refund for classes left unused on your pack.